We’re very excited to be launching a new cutting edge treatment in the clinic in the way of MLS Laser Therapy.
What is Laser Therapy?
Laser therapy is fast becoming a popular choice for patients offering a safe, non-invasive and painless treatment for the reduction of pain, swelling and inflammation. It is a non-drug alternative for the management of chronic and acute pain.
MLS Laser therapy can be used to reduce pain and inflammation in musculoskeletal disorders and injuries and joint pain. Patients will often see an improvement in the treatment area from the first session. In conditions where muscle spasm and contracture is present, patients will feel the pain relief instantly, enabling us to give you manual treatment much more easily.
What can Laser Therapy be used on?
Laser therapy can help a number of conditions including;
- Muscle spasm & pain
- Sprains & strains
- Back pain
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Haematoma and oedema
- Sports injuries
How does it work?
Fundamentally Laser Therapy works in several ways based on the biological effect of the laser light. This includes some of the following ways;
- Quick healing of wounds — Laser Light stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue.
- Faster cell growth — rapid cell growth occurs as the laser light accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Reduction in scar tissue – Laser Light can reduce the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from injuries of post surgery marks.
- Reduced swelling – Laser Light reduces swelling to give better joint mobility.
- Increased blood flow – Laser Light induces temporary vasodilation increasing blood flow to damaged areas.
- Increased feeling and awareness – sometimes damaged tissue can result in numbness. Laser Light speeds up nerve cell reconnection to increase feeling and awareness ultimately bringing those numbed areas back to normal.
Experience has shown that 6 treatments over a 2 to 3 week period is recommended to maximise the impact of the cutting edge technology. Each treatment builds on the previous one providing accumulative benefit as you go.
If you would like to learn more about Laser Therapy and the potential benefits to you, then please contact us. Alternatively, you can now book in you treatment via our online booking system.